Call For Volunteers For Lobby Day For Single Payer at State House Novembers 14th, 10am to 2pm

Lobby Day organizers are calling for 5 volunteers from each voting district for this event.  I attended their training at Minute Man High School Lexington.  Happy to talk to anyone interest about particulars:  781 944 8455, 781 354 4616

Greetings PDM Members,

I received the following request for volunteers for Right To Health Ma Lobby Day at the State House, November 14, 2017 starting at 10am. Groups of five from constituent districts, Senate and House, are being sought to have conversations with legislators on S619, Senator Jaimie Eldridge's Expanded Medicare For All Bill, and S610, Senator Julian Cyr's Benchmark Bill, studying if Single Payer will reduce medical costs for Massachusetts, now consuming 40% of the budget.

**************************************************************************

On behalf of the Right to Health MA Coalition (www.righttohealthma.org) we would like to inform you with some exciting updates on the single payer movement in Massachusetts.

On Saturday, October 14th, one hundred organizers, activists, and concerned citizens joined together for a day-long training in effective community organizing and legislative advocacy. We were thrilled to have so many passionate individuals come together to share their ideas and develop strategies that will move us towards achieving health justice in Massachusetts.

The next step in this fight is to push our state senators and representatives to support legislation that will make single payer a reality in the Commonwealth. To that end, I’d like to invite you to a very important upcoming event:

Right to Health MA Single Payer Lobby Day

Tuesday, 11/14, 10am-2pm

MA State House

24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02133

RSVP here

Our coalition would love to have you and your membership join us on the 14th to show everyone at the State House that Massachusetts residents are serious about attaining truly equitable healthcare for all. Would you be willing to share this information with your membership and/or listserv in order to make this a robust and effective event?

Additionally, we are seeking co-sponsors for the event, and new members for our coalition. Lobby Day co-sponsors are expected to recruit and mobilize their members for the event, and coalition members will be included in future movement-building and strategic planning. If your organization is interested in either or both roles, please let me know and I will gladly put you in touch with our leadership team.

Now is the time to make single payer a reality in Massachusetts.

Thank you on behalf of Right To Health Ma,

Don Green MD, MPH 781-944-8455(Please call if further info or orientation are needed)

pdm